SnackFora banner

Keto - Prime Rib

851 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Maverick 
#1 ·
My favorite way to cook prime rib did this 7-pounder the other day.

If you've ever carved into a prime rib at a big holiday meal expecting a juicy, perfectly pink interior only to discover a dry, overcooked roast, this recipe is for you.

This simple, foolproof "mathematical method" for making the very best prime rib will greatly increase your chances of success. Here is the formula: Multiply the exact weight times 5 minutes. For me it was 5.35 x 5 = 26.75 minutes, which we round up to 27.

You'll cook your room-temperature prime rib at 500 degrees F for exactly that many minutes. (Twenty-seven minutes, in my case.) Then turn off the oven and wait 2 hours without opening the door. When the time's up, remove the prime rib and slice into the most perfectly medium-rare meat you've ever seen. See? That's all it takes to make foolproof prime rib cooked to a perfect pink that's somewhere just a shade under medium rare. Just make sure you're starting with a prime rib that has been brought to room temperature! This is critical in order for the math to work!

Food Wood Rectangle Flooring Ingredient

Food Ingredient Animal product Pork Beef

Food Ingredient Staple food Baked goods Dish

Food Kitchen appliance Home appliance Ingredient Recipe

Food Ingredient Recipe Roasting Cuisine

Food Ingredient Beef Cuisine Steak

Food Ingredient Animal product Recipe Steak

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.